August 30, 2009

Grant's First Day of Second Grade






Last Wednesday, Grant had his first day of school for 2009-2010. My firstborn is already a big second grader! After school that day, I asked Grant to tell me three words that describe his new teacher (I'm getting rather creative at fishing for details about his day, no?).

He thought for a minute, and then said, "I can only think of one word."
"What is it?" I asked.
"Nice."
I thought that was high praise for her.

Kris and I are already very impressed by Miss O and by the positive communication we have already received. Miss O sent home a letter introducing herself, an info packet about the classroom routines and second grade curriculum, and she also sent home a positive note about Grant on the second day. There are 20 children in the class, and four sections of 2nd grade in the school. We feel really fortunate that the numbers are so reasonable.

All in all, it was a wonderful first week!

2 comments:

TBRKO said...

Yeah for Grant! I am so ready for the kids to get back into the routine of it all..

Getting back to me said...

Those pictures are awesome....I love how Grant is imitading his brother in the crying pic. Too funny.

Ok, now why am I still up?

Holly