March 8, 2009
After reading all the action on her blog over the weekend, I want to tell all of you a little about my sister, Bonnie:
1. She is an amazing mother. She is firm, loving, fun, and so so patient! Four children is a lot to balance, and she does so beautifully.
2. She loves to travel and is really talented at planning and executing trips. Whenever I need to fly or plan a long distance trip, I turn to her (although she will tell you that hardly ever happens since I hardly ever go anywhere). :) If she ever walked away from teaching, her natural enthusiasm for travel would make her a wonderful travel agent.
3. She teaches high school social studies, most often History and Sociology. I have never observed her teaching (although I would love to!), but from what she describes I think she makes the study of people and events fascinating and personally relevant to her students.
4. She isn't afraid to take time for herself. I am impressed--and admittedly a little jealous--that she is able to put herself on her priority list.
5. She is the life of the party whenever our families and in-laws get together. She really is a wonderful conversationalist, always showing genuine interest in whomever she is talking to.
6. She's a great writer! I didn't realize this until I she started blogging--she's so FUNNY! I love it when she makes me laugh out loud.
7. She has a fabulous sense of style--casual chic I would call it. Her wardrobe, hair, and makeup always look clean and hip, even when she says she's thrown herself together in 20 minutes.
I admire Bonnie and look up to her. I'm blessed to call her sister. Love you, Bon!