July 8, 2008

Halfway through summer...

I just read AJ's and Bonnie's blogs. They're so great at posting frequently, and Bonnie is especially good at getting pictures up, too. If you have a chance, check out her blog at http://www.tbrko.blogspot.com/.



We had a wonderful fourth of July...we took the kids to MSUM's Old Fashioned Fourth of July celebration on the campus mall. It's our family tradition and it's wonderful: easy "fair food" (Grant LOVES pickles on a stick), great kids' games like the duck pond, sucker pull, and haystack surprise, and opportunities to ride the Dragon Express red train, barrel trains, and even pony rides. Ross and Grant were amazingly well behaved over three hours--and that was without Ross's nap! Hope was her easygoing self, taking in the sights, napping, and waking up smiling. We even took Dory, our pug. She had a ball! We had Kris's folks over for dinner and enjoyed a relaxing visit. I took Grant to the fireworks show on campus that night and Grandma Jeanne joined us. The fireworks were beautiful and although Grant was a little worried about them landing on someone and hurting them ("Mom, why is there an ambulance over there?"), I think he had a good time. I confess, I love the really loud booms that resonate through your entire body, but maybe I'm in the minority. I remember Bonnie hating the loud noise, and Grant wasn't too keen on it, either.





I'm feeling the pull of work again...I have projects I need to work on and I can only make progress on them if I go into the office. I don't want to go into work; it's been wonderful being home with the kids, although I haven't always been as patient as I'd like to be. The boys are starting to spar, sometimes swatting at the other. But as you can see from the picture below, they are the best of friends, too. Grant is such a natural caregiver to Ross, and Ross is getting really good at keeping up with his big brother, both physically and verbally.




Hope is six months old now! I'm having her pictures taken tomorrow and will post some very soon (I hope!). She's a long baby--26.5 inches and only 12 lbs 11 oz. She loves her rice cereal and is very close to sitting up on her own. I can't believe it's already been half a year since her birth.



We're going to Bottineau, ND for great grandma Alice's 90th birthday this weekend. I plan to take a few intergenerational pictures.

2 comments:

TBRKO said...

Way to go! Great post...where did you get that cool background? Now that's what my next "project" is...

Erin said...

Hey, thanks! The blog styles are under the customize tab and then the layout options...I think. I'm going from memory and very little sleep last night.