July 23, 2008

Enjoying some mommy time

Today Hope and I had lunch with my good friend J and her 10 week old daughter, E. Nothing fancy--we met at the West Acres food court--but it was wonderful to catch up on each other's summers, share baby details, talk about finding childcare, and just enjoy being moms with strollers who were out and about in the middle of the day. E is J's first child and this was their first trip to the mall. I brought the boys to daycare so I could really relax and enjoy our time together. The babies cooed and babbled, blew bubbles, ate, and charmed everyone who saw them.



Hope is 6 1/2 months old now. I know I say this all the time, but it's astonishing how quickly the weeks and months of her first year are flying by. I had these pictures taken a few weeks ago. Hope always looks so happy and content. She's the little haven of peacefulness in our busy, high energy days!







No comments: