October 27, 2009

My Top 10 Favorite TV shows

I'm sick of grading right now, so I'm taking a few minutes to think about something other than literacy mini-lessons.

Here are my top 8 favorite TV shows:


8. One Day at a Time


7. Alice


6. The Carol Burnett Show


5. The Facts of Life


4. Little House on the Prairie


3. The Golden Girls


2. Designing Women


1. Friends


Why 8, you ask? Well, because I couldn't think of 10 that are worthy of this list. My criteria? Simply this: When I stumble across these shows in reruns, I stop to watch them, (almost) no matter what. Put another way, I would love to own DVDs of all these because these are series I could easily watch over and over again without getting sick of them. I love to laugh, and these shows make me laugh! They're also clever, well written, and well-acted. I know you might not agree, but at least you took a walk down memory lane, didn't you?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, well at least the last 5 for sure. Clever post!

Miranda said...

This is such a better thing to do with time than literacy mini lessons!!!

Kris said...

How about the Cosby show, Family Ties, and Growing Pains....Facts of Life, I could go on and on...

Erin said...

Ooh, Family Ties! I forgot about that one. That definitely makes my list. I ruled out Cosby Show, Growing Pains, and Who's the Boss because although I loved 'em when they were on, when I watch them now they're kinda hokey.

ABCDH said...

I used to watch all of those shows.
Kiss my grits!! Love it.

TBRKO said...

How the heck can you leave off the Brady Bunch?

Erin said...

You know what? I completely forgot about the Brady Bunch! My bad. That has to make the list!