October 29, 2009

Matching Game

I SHOULD be writing an exam for my students, but it's late and I've lost focus. Instead, I'll piggy back off of one of Bonnie's recent posts. This one's for you, sis. See how well you do:

Match the soap couple to their theme song! Um, I guess that's not gonna work--I can only remember two theme songs right now. Revise: 80's soap trivia:

1. Which soap couple's theme song was, Tonight, I Celebrate My Love?

2. Which soap couple's theme song was Friends and Lovers? bonus point: which soap actress sang the female part in this duet?

3. Whose nickname was "Sweetness?"

4. Whose nickname was "Fancy Face?"

5. Put the actors in order of past to present as Roman Brady: Wayne Northrop, Josh Taylor, Drake Hogestyn

6. Which two female characters both sang on stage with Danny Romalotti AND fought for his affections?

7. Who is Bo Brady's real father?

8. What was Nikki Reed's profession when she met and fell in love with Victor Newman?

9. Which soap couple consumated their love at an "old south" plantation?

10. What song was playe both on Days of Our Lives and in the movie Footloose?

11. What was Kayla Brady's profession when she met Patch/Steve?

12. On what soap did Lisa Rinna appear? Who did she play?

ANSWERS BELOW



1. Bo and Hope
2. Shane and Kim; bonus: Gloria Loring, who also played Liz Curtis on DAYS
3. Kayla Brady (as called by Steve)
4. Hope Brady (as called by Bo--duh)
5. Wayne Northrop, Drake Hogestyn, Josh Taylor
6. Tracy Abbott and Lauren Fenmore
7. Victor Kiriakis
8. stripper
9. Bo and Hope
10. Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler
11. nurse
12. Billie on DAYS


Gosh, I hope I'm right on these. I think I am. As anyone who really knows me will tell you, I truly am a font of useless entertainment/pop culture knowledge. How well did you do?

Coming soon...pics of pumpkin carving and Halloween costumes

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

I aced it...well actually I got the Danny Romalotti one. He was a cad anyway so who cares.
Hey remember this summer in Vegas when IIIIIIIIIII got a hug from Nick Newman?