April 18, 2010

Getting things accomplished...

feels so good! It hasn't been an eventful weekend, but a productive one nonetheless. Kris got loads of yardwork done yesterday, I washed, folded, and actually put away 5 loads of laundry. But the best part was having our families over for grilling last night. Good food (too damn much chips and dip for me), great conversation, and cousins all over the place playing together. Twice yesterday I watched Grant and Ross actually playing with each other without fighting and said a little prayer of thanks. It's so nice to see them enjoying each other instead of fighting and hurting each other's feelings. I truly think that's one reason I got so much done during Hope's nap yesterday--I didn't have to play referee or extra playmate.

On a completely unrealated note, I had Mojo 104 on in the bathroom yesterday morning while getting ready and heard a song I hadn't heard in 20 years: And We Danced by The Hooters. Wow, did that take me back...I wasn bopping all around the bathroom dancing and singing at the top of my lungs (much to Grant's chagrin--I got that look that said, "you are SO WEIRD, mom"). That came out in 1985...25 years ago. Holy sh--!

1 comment:

ABCDH said...

Like the waves on the ocean romance...and we fly like the doves and we dance!!