I was in such a funk yesterday. Nothing horrible; just racing from one meeting to the next from 8:15 until 2. When I finally sat down and had a minute to think my brain was so foggy and I was so cranky that all I could do was complain--to my colleague across the hall, in my own head, to basically anyone who asked, "How are you?" What a drag I must have been.
Then, late last night before bed I went through the mail. I got a newlsetter that included a blurb about Positive Attitude Month in October. Here are 7 tips to stay positive from selfgrowth.com:
1. Decide to have a positive attitude.
2. Surround yourself with positive people.
3. Use positive affirmations.
4. Be very selective of the music and news information that you listen to.
GARBAGE IN = GARBAGE OUT!
5. Take time to help other people.
6. Get in touch with your spiritual source.
7. Don't stop; never give up.
Wow. I needed that, and today I'm having a much better day. Nothing much has changed in terms of my workload or circumstances; just my own attitude.
Hope this perks you up a little, too!
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
--Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book